Here are some protein-packed no-bake energy balls. Great for a snack pre or post gym.
There are a lot of healthy fats (3 kinds of nuts, coconut oil) so be careful not to eat too many of these in a day. Cause then you are just over doing it. 1 or 2 is plenty, depending on how active you are.
- 9 pitted dates
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder of your choice
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tsp local non-pasturized honey
- 1/4 cup nut butter of your choice (I used peanut)
- Blend everything in a high speed blender
- let sit in the fridge for 20 min
- Roll into balls and enjoy!
- These will keep in the fridge for about a week. You can even try to coat them in a crushed nut that was used in the recipe to give some texture if you want.