- 2 lb cauliflower, riced
- 2 tbsp flax seed meal
- 1 tbsp xanthan gum
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 small carrots, julienned
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 small avocado, sliced thin
- 1 fillet of BBQ unagi cut into 4 thin strips
- togarashi seasoning
- 4 sheets of nori
Recipe notes: You will also need a sushi rolling mat that is wrapped in plastic wrap so the nori doesn’t stick and makes for an easy clean up.
- Rice the cauliflower and add to a big bowl. Add 1 cup of water and cover with plastic wrap. Then microwave for 6 min to cook.
- Once cooked, cool the cauliflower so it is ok to handle. Drain out the water by using a nut milk bag or cheese cloth (do small batches at a time).
- Add in the flax seed meal, xantham gum, and rice vinegar. Season to taste.
- Chop up all of the veggies while the cauliflower is cooking and keep it aside. One tip is to put some acid (lemon juice or vinegar) on the avocado so it doesn’t turn brown.
- Taking your rolling mat and put the nori sheet rough side up. Spoon on 3-4 heaping tablespoons of the cauliflower rice onto the nori. Spread out all over the nori, but leave about a 1-inch strip from the top. You want to leave the top bare so that you can use it to glue the sushi roll shut.
- Add in all your filling ingredients, but keep them all towards the bottom of the nori sheet. Keeping it toward the bottom of the sheet allows you to actually roll the sushi into a roll.
- Once you have all your ingredients, start to roll from the bottom to the top. Softly press down as you roll so you can keep the roll together. At the top spread some water on the bare part of the nori sheet and continue to roll it up.
- Cut into pieces with a serrated knife and enjoy!